Dive into Watercolours with Frances Payne @ Hopewell Studios.
Booking essential: click here to book.
This exciting course will take you on a deep dive into using watercolours confidently and effectively. You will explore various techniques, exercises and approaches as well getting to grips with the more technical aspects of the medium:
- how and when to stretch your paper,
- workstation set-up,
- pans or tubes,
- which paper should you use and much more.
We will also look at interesting and exciting ways to incorporate other mediums into your watercolour work. The course is suitable for beginners and improvers looking to build confidence in what can be seen as a tricky medium to master.
Weather permitting there will be opportunities for ‘en plein air’ location sketching in unspoilt, private woodland.
Group sizes are limited to 10, to maximise one to one learning.
- All materials and equipment throughout the course.
- Refreshments and a light lunch (please advise any dietary requirements at time of booking).
- Qualified and experienced Art Tutor.
About your Tutor:
Frances Payne is a professional Artist, working across a mix of media, living and working in Darley, North Yorkshire. She has exhibited widely both nationally and internationally. A highly experienced Art Tutor, in addition to teaching numerous community and private classes in the region, Frances also teaches Fine Art at York College.
- 4 week course with all materials, equipment, refreshments and a light lunch included.
- Mondays 10 am to 3pm.
- Starting 5th July.
- £240 per person.
- Booking essential: click here to book.
- Maximum of 10 students (over 18s only).
- Free parking
- The Studios are wheelchair accessible, however please inform us of your mobility requirements in advance.
*Transfers from Knaresborough train/bus station can be arranged if required – please advise at time of booking (*may incur additional cost).